The Grounds Maintenance worker assists in maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of Sylvan Heights Bird Park's trails, landscaping, and exhibits by performing a variety of service and/or maintenance tasks.
Grounds Maintenance Worker Job Description:
- Performs a variety of grounds maintenance tasks at Sylvan Heights Bird Park; maintains and repairs landscaped areas, trims trees and bushes, removes litter and debris; cleans up spills and unsafe conditions; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Maintains the appearance and safety of Sylvan Heights Bird Park grounds and facilities by performing a variety of service and/or maintenance work. Possibility of gaining experience with HVAC, cement work, welding, plumbing, carpentry, pump and filtration systems, and painting.
- Maintains the safe and efficient operation of equipment by: sharpening blades; performing basic maintenance such as oiling parts, replacing filters, replenishing gasoline and oil, and repairing or replacing worn or damaged parts.
- Demonstrate courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and staff
- Must be able to drive grounds maintenance vehicles and machinery
- Operating and maintaining tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Requires exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
252-826-3186 ext. 223